Continuing on with our “Financial Advisor Website Showcase” series blog, we had the opportunity to speak with Jeff Bradanini, director of marketing for Beirne Wealth Consulting Services, LLC and learn more about Founding Partner and Chief Investment Officer, John Beirne, Jr., CIMA.®
Built on our Fresnel framework, Beirne Wealth Consulting Services’ website is full of unique features that we couldn’t wait to showcase. To find out about their design process, marketing tactics and more, continue reading!
1. First things first, how did you decide to start Beirne Wealth Consulting and what was the biggest motivation or inspiration?
The genesis of our firm dates all the way back to the 1960s when our Founding Partner, John Beirne, first entered the financial industry. John had a 46-year career at a large wirehouse until he founded Beirne Wealth Consulting, BWC, in January of 2012. Collectively, we decided to make this move for our clients and our team. At Beirne Wealth Consulting, we put the client’s interests first and felt the independent consulting solution was the best way to accomplish this.
2. You have multiple locations in Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Florida. How have you adjusted your SEO strategy to ensure that you rank high locally? Conversely, how has this changed as many businesses continue to work remotely?
Due to COVID-19, we made the difficult decision to temporarily close our satellite office in Florida. However, this has given us an opportunity to better optimize our website by utilizing keywords to drive local traffic. We also created a Google My Business listing which has been helpful.
3. Email marketing is an integral part of any marketing strategy, and we noticed you are using content from our Content Assist library in your newsletters that’s great! Could you discuss your email strategy, and how you go about deciding what types of content to include?
The most important thing that we try and accomplish with our newsletters is providing our subscribers with value-added content. It is important for us to provide our readers with timely subjects that can help them when making decisions about their finances. We have seen a steady increase in our open rates and click-through rates.
We have also placed an emphasis on creating more targeted email campaigns by segregating our email lists by age, location, type of client, etc. We have found that the more targeted the content, the higher the engagement rate. For example, a retirement plan participant might have heightened interest in an article about the SECURE Act, whereas a business owner might have more interest in an article about the CARES Act.
4. Your resources section is incredibly robust. Not only do you have an insights section, but you have articles further divided into “Women On Wealth” and “Millennials On Wealth.” How did you decide to create separate sections for these groups, and based on your Google Analytics, what have been some of your highest-performing blog posts?
Dividing our resources section all ties back into providing highly targeted content to our viewers. We have a widely diverse client base, so it’s important to separate our resources based on their interests. Alongside articles, we also provide other forms of media like videos and infographics.
By far, our most viewed pages on the website are those that highlight our staff. This year we launched a monthly Employee Spotlight feature where we interview a team member and we even did an article about our new “team members“ while working remotely
5. Any business owner knows how important social media is, and we love that you’re active not only on the big three – Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter but also on YouTube. Can you elaborate on your social strategy and benefits that you have seen from utilizing these platforms?
In 2020, we have taken a more active approach in posting daily content to our social media platforms. As a result, we have seen significant growth in our web traffic generated by social media. We have also started to experiment with social media advertising on Facebook. YouTube is the #2 ranked search engine in the world behind Google, and that is home to our video content library alongside the video section on our website.
6. The financial services industry is growing more saturated, so it’s important to set yourself apart by showcasing your credibility, so we love that you’ve included your media recognitions on your website. Getting these mentions isn’t always easy, however, so can you share with others how you landed these mentions and any PR tips that you may have for others looking to get more media hits?
Many of the industry media rankings require lengthy annual surveys that we have to fill out. We have been fortunate enough to have been listed on Barron’s Top 1200 Advisors list for five years in a row, and Financial Advisor Magazine Top RIA list for six years in a row!*
In regards to PR, we are subscribed to HARO (Help A Reporter) and receive daily emails from writers requesting information to include in their articles. This can be a bit time consuming, but totally worth it if you happen to get featured. We also take a proactive approach in local publication outreach along with other groups such as charitable organizations and chambers of commerce. We believe we have a tremendous opportunity to impact the lives of the people within the communities that we serve. Our role is not limited to helping our clients meet their financial goals and empowering our employees to achieve their career ambitions, and through a combination of monetary contributions, leadership and volunteerism, we support a wide range of worthwhile causes and organizations.
7. Using video on your advisor site is a great way to connect with prospects and current clients, and your video section is chock full of content, from market updates to useful financial tips. Can you tell us more about your video strategy and the tools that you have used to make the process easier?
We have found that our audience prefers video over any other form of media. This has led to an increase in engagement and clicks, supporting our priority to continually add value. We originally launched the monthly market commentary videos to provide timely market updates to our retirement plan participants and this eventually progressed into a wholistic video strategy featuring a wide variety of topics.
Earlier this year, we set up a video recording studio in our office with all the bells and whistles; green screen, microphone, lighting, etc. We also now have the ability to supplement the videos with subtitles, charts, images and all kinds of fun things. This has significantly improved the quality of the videos and enhanced the overall viewer experience.
We are thrilled with the finished product of our new BWC website! The Twenty Over Ten team far exceeded my expectations and made the entire process a seamless transition.
Jeff Bradanini, Beirne Wealth consulting Services, LLC
8. We noticed that you are using Lead Pilot videos. Can you go into more detail about your use of Lead Pilot and your website engine and how you are using the two for your firm’s marketing efforts?
Lead Pilot has been provided valuable content for our viewers. The highly customizable material has made it easy for our firm to provide our followers with engaging content on a daily basis.
9. Looking towards the future, what are your biggest goals for the future of your firm, both in terms of growth and marketing?
In regards to marketing, our number one goal will always be to provide value to our audience through consistent messaging. We are not pushing out content to “spam“ people’s inbox and newsfeed, but rather, we are distributing highly targeted information to provide guidance when they have questions about their overall financial well being. Ideally, we want to grow our network and potentially our client base, but the main goal overall is to add value and stay constant as a valuable resource.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.