Happy December! ❄️ Although everyone’s starting to get into the holiday spirit, this time of the year is also crucial for fulfilling your goals in 2018 and creating new ones for 2019. Before you sink into holiday mode, keep pushing through this last month to finish the year on a strong foot! Here’s tips you need to know for your marketing strategy for 2019 and how to wrap up this year!
Believe it or not, it’s already time to start thinking about your marketing strategy for 2019. Whether you’re starting to plan social content or making an editorial calendar for the first few months, there are some new trends you should be aware of. Check out Social Media Today’s full infographic for details, but here’s a quick summary of what you should keep in mind:
- Social listening
- Augmented reality (AR)
- Streaming video
- User-generated content
- Direct messaging
- Ephemeral content
While you should be thinking about marketing trends and strategies for the next year, you might not want to be making set-in-stone yearly goals. Toward the end of the year, there’s always buzz around annual marketing goals. While year-long marketing goals can help show you if you’re on track, they can also be hurtful. Yearly marketing goals tend to either
- Affirm that you’ve done everything right and you can pat yourself on the back.
- Affirm that you’re the worst and haven’t accomplished anything on your annual marketing to do list.
In summary, your marketing goals should be flexible and a way to check-up on your performance rather than set-in-stone rules to follow.
If you haven’t already, it’s time to jump on the AI train. According to McKinsey & Company, companies have tripled their investment in AI since 2013. AI has the potential to completely change the way companies do business. Because of technological developments, more companies in 2019 will be able to access and implement this life-changing technology. Here are some changes to look for and take advantage of:
- More advanced AI assistants
- AI-powered recruiting tools
- Conversational AI-powered search
- Better conversational chatbots and virtual agents
61 percent of PR professionals believe that PR is becoming more closely aligned with marketing. Although traditional techniques may work for some PR companies, the simple truth is that they’re fading out and making way for a more strategic approach. To enhance your traditional PR methods through content marketing, take the following steps:
- Build up your client’s credibility with content
- Keep your audience in mind
- Write personalized pitches
- Don’t overlook distribution
Getting ready for the holidays is the easy part of advisors’ year-end duties. For the tougher tasks, here’s a “must-do” checklist to help advisors tackle business processes and client needs in late 2018.
- Required Minimum Distributions from IRA accounts
- Calendar Driven Account Types
- Charitable Donations
- Providers/Partners Deadlines
- Access Rights and Controls
- Back-Ups and Redundancy Procedures
- Limit Technology Environment Changes