For today’s Advisor Website Showcase, we caught up with Lee Generous of Generous Wealth Management. Asking him questions about his firm, strategies, and what has inspired him to get to where he is today. We hope you enjoy his answers and insight as much as we did.
Using our Forge framework, The Generous Wealth Management site uses a toned-down earthy green color palette to create a sense of relaxation and trust. Using symmetrical shapes and with a heavy focus on hexagons – calling back to the Generous Wealth Management logo.
There’s an emphasis on ease of navigation, with a clear menu and arrows flowing through each page, guiding visitors to the next topic. This helps provide a track for visitors to follow, allowing Generous Wealth Management to set up information in a way that makes sense to a new lead while laying the groundwork for the CTAs at the bottom of the page.
Below is our Q&A with Lee, covering the history of the firm, the site’s design, and some strategies of Generous Wealth Management. Read on to learn more, and discover inspiration for your own website.
Generous Wealth Management Q&A
1. Can you tell us a little more about your services and the history of your firm?
I spent 10 years at Fidelity Investments and help build the operational infrastructure for their Family Office Division. During that period I realized delivering the family office model to a wider array of people was my mission. I pursued my CFP and worked in planning roles for the next 10 years. My wife was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 and ultimately beat it and was in complete remission by the end of 2019. Then COVID hit, I am a type 1 diabetic, so there was a period where it seemed as though my life could be in jeopardy by the virus. Ultimately, I decided to follow my passion, become completely agnostic, deliver the experience I wanted for clients I work with, and also have complete control of the direction of our lives.
2. Blogs are good at gaining traction and bringing in new clients. Have you ever thought about starting a blog or something similar?
Yes, I have considered creating a blog. I have also signed up for Lead Pilot for the content.
3. It seems that the color green was a big design choice on your site. What made you go for that?
The Twenty Over Ten team choose the color based on the sites that I showed them. It was mostly just because I enjoyed the sites and wanted something inspired by them.
4. Social media is integral to the growth of your online presence and overall marketing strategy. We noticed you’re active on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Could you share a little bit about your choice of channels and general approach to social media?
I have used LinkedIn since its inception and just started with Twitter and Facebook. I will use the Lead Pilot program to increase traffic and boost prospecting.
5. Each of our website frameworks offers users a different experience. The Generous Wealth Management site uses our Enhanced Package to create a strong and unforgettable first impression. What went into the process of deciding which package to use?
I was looking for a clean and easy-to-navigate design that was both aesthetically pleasing and effective.
6. If you could give other advisors any advice on redesigning or creating their website, what would it be?
Think about the experience and perception you want from the client’s perspective and try to envision the site as a way to facilitate your interaction with clients and the public.
7. How has your experience with Twenty Over Ten been so far?
It was great the team has been very attentive and has done an excellent job creating and implementing everything so far.
8. What are some of your favorite things to do for fun?
I like to watch movies, play golf, stay active, and interact with people in social settings.
That’s a Wrap!
It’s always exciting to see what our clients come up with when working with our design team. Each site is different and shows off the unique personality of the financial advisor it works with. The way each site leverages design and marketing best practices to attract and convert leads is a great source of inspiration. What’s most satisfying though is how these combine to create a unique website for each advisor.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month-to-month plans).
Justin Adams Justin is a content marketing specialist who loves to cook and play with his cats. He’s also currently learning how to play guitar and piano. He’s always thinking of ways to solve problems and puzzles. He says one of his best skills is his ability to always come up with ideas and hopes to sharpen that skill as his career progresses.
About The Author
Justin is a content marketing specialist who loves to cook and play with his cats. He’s also currently learning how to play guitar and piano. He’s always thinking of ways to solve problems and puzzles. He says one of his best skills is his ability to always come up with ideas and hopes to sharpen that skill as his career progresses.