The single-page layout of Bowen Financial Services, combined with clean and concise copy, creates a linear experience – guiding visitors and providing the context they need to self-qualify. Each space on the site is used intentionally and avoids overwhelming the reading, creating an experience that’s direct, effective and calming.
Below is our Q&A with Cindy Bowen, covering the design process, features and marketing of the Bowen Financial Services site. Read on to learn more, and discover inspiration for your own website.
Bowen Financial Services Q&A
1. Can you tell us a bit more about your services and the history of your firm?
Bowen Financial Services, LLC was founded by John G. Bowen nearly 30 years ago and has built a reputation for being knowledgeable and trustworthy across all services offered. At Bowen Financial, we acknowledge the hard work and daily discipline required to accumulate wealth. We take our fiduciary responsibility seriously. Our integrated approach across tax planning and preparation, wealth management, and financial planning are structured to reduce lifetime taxes for our clients.
2. Each of our website frameworks offers users a different experience. The Bowen Financial Services site uses our Iris Framework to create a memorable, single-page experience. What went into the process of deciding which framework to use?
We wanted a page that serves a few purposes. First, we wanted a site easy to navigate, This ensures a viewer looking for a specific piece of information can find it easily. Second, we wanted a site that showcases our firm and tells a story. A single-page scroll allows prospects to simply scroll through our page without making decisions about where to click or what page to go to next. By the time they get to the bottom, a prospect should know whether or not we are a good fit.
3. Your site recently launched but already has an active blog. Could you share some of your current plans for your blog and content strategy?
Our biggest goal is to stay relevant. We pride ourselves on staying up to date on the latest tax proposals and laws. Our blog is a great tool to pass this knowledge on to clients and prospects.
4. The Bowen Financial Services site does a great job of highlighting the unique nature of each individual’s financial situation, while still demonstrating the specific benefits of working with your firm. In terms of marketing, what other strategies have you used to emphasize personalization?
Most of our new clients come from client referrals. Our major focus always has been to serve our clients.
5. Social media is integral to the growth of your online presence and overall marketing strategy. We noticed you’ve created a Facebook and Instagram account for your brand. Could you share a little bit about your choice of channels and approach general to social media?
Sure! I agree social media is a great tool for growing a business. We have not taken advantage of these tools in the past, but plan to start sharing quick nuggets of information that followers might find useful or relevant.
6. If you could give other advisors looking to redesign their website just one piece of advice, what would it be?
Frontload the work!! Make sure you think through the layout and what you want viewers to take away after visiting your site before you start making any changes.
7. Was there any part of the website design process that you were not looking forward to or thought might be difficult that turned out to be better than you initially thought?
No. The most challenging part was writing all the content since we did have that part in-house.
8. How would you summarize your experience working with Twenty Over Ten?
Working with Twenty Over Ten was enjoyable and effective. There was great communication throughout the entire project, and we are thrilled with how the final product turned out.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month-to-month plans).
About The Author
Stuart is a Content Marketing Specialist at Twenty Over Ten and enjoys creating content that both entertains and educates. A Game Designer at heart, he can be found pursuing one of his many hobbies during his free time.