The eMoney Advisor Summit took Scottsdale, Arizona by storm this year and our very own co-founders, Ryan Russell & Nick DiMatteo, were front and center to soak up all three days. This year marked eMoney’s fourth advisor summit and welcomed over 600 advisors from across the nation for non-stop training, practice management, and networking centered around the theme of: “Plan It Forward.”
With memorable keynote speakers like Guy Kawasaki, a marketing specialist and venture capitalist who’s known for marketing Apple’s Macintosh 1980s computer line and Clara Shih, CEO and co-founder of Hearsay Social; the focus was on branding for financial advisors. A very important topic! And one that is near and dear to our hearts here at Twenty Over Ten. The need to use technology to brand your advisory firm has never been more important and we’re thrilled to be long time partners with eMoney to further the client experience.
2017 eMoney Advisor Summit (#eMoneySummit2017): Key Takeaways
1. Connection to advisor marketing: Jess Liberi, the senior vice president of product management at eMoney said it best: “Advisors want to know what’s resonating with clients” and luckily there are so many tools out there to gauge what is resonating with your clients. Jess presented eMoney’s newest feature, Advisor Branded Marketing (ABM). In case you missed it – ABM is eMoney’s “turnkey, digital marketing solution for advisors and firms.” Developed for small, independent advisors as well as large firms and home offices in mind, ABM grants members access to a robust library of over 2,000 content items, which come categorized by topics like charitable giving, consumer protection and estate planning, as well as by client segmentation like generation or investable assets. Whats even better is the content can even be customized to your firm including your logo and branding. eMoney’s ABM also offers simple social media sharing functionalities with suggested posts and analytics to track engagement and effectiveness, as well as a process for approving content, making comments and tracking both internally and externally for compliance purposes. eMoney’s decision to develop ABM came after a surveying of more than 450 financial professionals about marketing and client communications. The results were pretty eye opening:
- 98 percent feel that marketing and client communications are important to growing their business and retaining clients
- 86 percent admit they need help improving marketing abilities
- 51 percent rely on marketing to engage with millennials
- Over half spend more than $5,000 annually on marketing technology
2. First impressions are everything: They say it only takes seven seconds to make a first impression during an in-person introduction – but what about online? As a financial advisor, you get one chance to grab a potential client’s attention, and a headshot can be a great way to do so. We were thrilled to be able to offer eMoney Summit attendees the opportunity to get free headshots. From background & lighting, to cropping & editing our team did it all to provide financial advisors with only the best headshots for their new Twenty Over Ten websites, LinkedIn profiles and more! Needless to say, our headshot booth was buzzing all three days and we look forward to doing it all over again at the FPA Annual Conference October 2nd-4th in Nashville, Tennessee.
3. Embrace technological change: Keynote speaker, Clara Shih, really honed in on this topic. We see may financial advisors marketing their firms like it’s 2007, but why? By embracing technological change financial advisors can transform the way they build relationships, grow their business and sell services. Embracing the change means updating your digital footprint and getting on board with things like social media, video marketing, text messaging and most importantly your website. However, we’ve found that many financial advisors question how they can embrace this technological change while still remaining compliant with the many regulations in the financial services industry. Luckily, with new platforms like Twenty Over Ten we’ve been able to solve the compliance problem. Our unparalleled and intuitive platform gives financial advisors the power to create, manage and archive their websites with ease. We give you the tools to autonomously manage your website like a pro with automatic archiving, SSL certificates, advanced blogging capabilities, unlimited landing pages and more!
Start Building Your Online Presence Today!
Effectively marketing your new financial planning business is vital to the success of your new practice and it all starts with your online presence. From building websites to social media and Google Analytics we’re here to help!