Congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off – your new website is officially live! It may feel like you’ve reached the finish line but the journey is only just beginning. In order to effectively market yourself online, you will need to maintain your website and continue to complete your online presence. Here are six steps to get you started:
1.Sign Up for Google My Business
One of the first things you can do to improve your search results is to sign up for Google My Business. This will help you build validity with Google and control what results appear when someone searches for your business. Click here for additional tips on how to optimize your Google My Business listing.
2. Index Your Site on Google
Index your site on google to start appearing in search results. Note that it can take a couple weeks or even a month for Google to properly index your site. This is especially important to do if you recently launched a website with a new domain name.
For specific searches for your company name (ex: John Smith Financial Planning), having your site listed in the results can take a few weeks to a month to popular. For your site to be listed in the results for more general searches that don’t include your company name (ex: financial advisor in Cleveland) – it can take much more time and is dependent on many different SEO factors including well maintained and updated content.
3. Promote Your Website
- Social Media – Announce your newly launched site on social media and share a photo/link for people to check it out. Mention Twenty Over Ten on Linkedin, Facebook or Twitter in your post and we’ll be sure to spread the love too! Don’t have a presence on social media? Learn more about our social media services.
- Email – Add your new website to your email signature
- Newsletter – Make an announcement about your new site in your client newsletter (perhaps with a note about a cool new feature)
- Blog – Consider writing a blog post about your new site design and give some behind-the-scenes insight into why you made the change, what factors you took into account, and highlight new features.
4. Complete Your Twenty Over Ten Training
We know that using a new platform can be daunting at first, so we’ve created a training guide to show you the ropes. Follow the courses within to familiarize yourself with the platform and how to manage your website. This is a self-guided training including seven courses teaching you everything you need to know from account basics, blogging to site styles and styling.
Also, be sure to bookmark https://support.twentyoverten.com/ as your go-to resource for when you have a question or need help managing your website. Here, you can watch videos, read quick support articles, or submit a ticket for further help.
5. Get Started with Google Analytics
We’ve made tracking your website analytics with Google Analytics incredibly easy with our one-click integration. After signing up for your Google Analytics account add your tracking number to your new website. When checking your website analytics be sure to track these metrics and check out our other Google Analytics resources.
6. Educate yourself about SEO
There are many factors that determine how your site ranks for various search terms. No single SEO factor will guarantee search engine rankings. Having a great HTML title won’t help if a page has low quality content. Additionally, having lots of links won’t help if they are all low in quality. Having several positive factors can increase the odds of success while the presence of negative factors can worsen those odds. Review our ultimate list of SEO resources for financial advisors.
Basic SEO factors Every Financial Advisor Should Consider:
- Content: sharing fresh, updated content regularly is one of the best ways to improve your site’s SEO. Google Says: “Creating compelling and useful content will likely influence your website more than any of the other factors.” The best way to do this is to blog consistently. In fact, according to Forbes, businesses who prioritize blogging experience a 13X increase in ROI.
- Social Media: If you haven’t already, create accounts on social platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. This will allow you to share your blog posts and other relevant content that your target audiences will find compelling. If others share your content, it will create links back to your site, which also contributes to improved SEO. The more your content is liked and shared on social media, the more exposure you’ll have.
- Meta Descriptions: At Twenty Over Ten, we give you direct access to manipulate both your site-wide and individual page meta descriptions. Meta descriptions are snippets of text that are displayed under search results which summarize for a user what the webpage is about.
Need Help With SEO or Google Analytics?
We can help with that! Pump up your new Twenty Over Ten website by adding on our SEO Kickstarter or Google Analytics Consult packages.