We hope that you had a great weekend and that you’re ready to start the week. We’ve got some great reads to start it off right, starting with marketing automation, driving more traffic to your website, how to craft your persona and what the three biggest digital marketing mistakes are for 2020. So, brew yourself a fresh pot of coffee and get started!
Using technology to automate processes and free up more time with efficiency, reliability and risk management is a great way to streamline your processes at work. When it comes to marketing, however, automation and technology is a different story. While it’s a good idea to automate scheduling when it comes to sending emails and campaigns, when it comes to personalization, it should not be automated.
So, if you are going to automate your marketing, then make sure that:
- It enables people to respond via the same medium that you used to reach them
- it is personalized
For more details on marketing automation, the entire article offers some insight.
As a financial advisor, you obviously want to get more traffic to your website. CMO Samantha Russell had the chance to join Sara Grillo on her podcast to discuss how to get more eyes on your website. In today’s podcast, they are going to discuss:
- How much of a time and money commitment it takes to increase your Google rank
- What is long-form content?
- A success story of a financial advisor who went from 6 clients to 50 clients using long-form content
Give the podcast a listen right here and start boosting your online presence!
3. Craft Your Persona Marketing via SEI
When you are thinking of your clients, is there a certain word or trait that comes to mind? If there is, then you have been thinking about personas and may not even know it. Many advisors still may not have a particular niche, but if you do narrow it down and serve a particular niche or audience, then you get more value for your marketing dollar plus provides you with more qualified leads.
When it comes to crafting your persona, these 5 tips can help you to identify your persona.
- Start with demographics
- What are their motivations?
- What is their financial knowledge and attitude?
- What is their community like and their personal commitments?
- What are their communications preference?
Find out more about each in this handy article from SEI!
4. Ruthless Advisors Succeed Sooner (Redux) (Distraction-Proof Advisor Idea Video #213) via Paul Kingsman
Being a successful financial advisor requires you to be ruthlessly clinical yet also relational with your clients. You want to execute the best that you can while also developing strong relationships. How do you do that?
- Be relentlessly focused on completing all of your crucial business activities.
- Spend the time and energy that it takes to build deep, personal relationships with your clients.
- Make sure you are constantly keeping these two things balanced in order to grow a great business and be an awesome leader.
To find out more, check out the quick video from Paul Kingsman.
The world has become increasingly digital, especially amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, and it’s important to boost your marketing strategy in order to keep up. However, here are three of the biggest digital marketing mistakes for 2020.
Mistake #1: You are under-Investing in data-driven marketing
Mistake #2: You disregard the importance of onboarding and cross-selling
Mistake #3: You miss the easy reaches you can get while using personalized marketing
When you are creating your marketing strategy, make sure to avoid these three mistakes when it comes to your digital marketing strategy.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.