We hope that everyone had a great weekend and that you are ready to kick off the week and start strong. We hope that one of your morning routines involved catching up on our Five Little Things article, so kick back with some coffee and enjoy five of our favorite articles on brand storytelling, niche marketing and social media.
1. Even Cowboys Need Financial Advisors: What We Can Learn from Songwriters via Practice Management Blog
This one may seem a bit far-fetched but in actuality, financial advisors can learn quite a bit from this reference! At a recent conference, after speaking with songwriters for famous country singers, the advisor learned that you can learn quite a bit from the music scene as an advisor. Here were some of the key takeaways.
- Stay True to Your Voice
- Be the Guide
- Be Creative to Connect with People
- Find New Opportunities to Monetize your Business
To find out what else was learned at this conference, check out the full article in the above below or linked above!
Often times, when a financial advisor is about to work with a client, the prospect might ask, “Why Should I Work with You?” This is a legitimate question, and most advisors have reasons why they should. They may show the history of their success, discuss strategy, show allocation models and discuss their expertise.
This is where they can showcase storytelling, and here are 3 simple tactics to start doing that.
- They need to understand the client’s motivation.
- Advisors need to tell a powerful story.
- Incorporate storytelling into their presentation plan.
For more in-depth information for each topic, keep reading below!
3. Episode 161-The Top Ten Arguments Against Niche Marketing-And Why They’re All Wrong via Top Advisor Marketing
At Twenty Over Ten, we are all about niche marketing! It’s a great way to narrow down your clientele and really focus on what they really want. You are able to target a specific group and really excel at their specific needs.
In today’s podcast, however, Matt Halloran and Kirk Lowe discuss the problems that can arise when financial advisors avoid niche marketing. They have compiled a list of the 10 most common excuses when it comes to niche marketing, and discuss why you should tackle this type of marketing!
To find out more about the importance of niche marketing, check out the podcast below!
Most people think that what they post in social media is awesome, hence why they post it! However, there are some things that you might be doing that could potentially annoy your audience, which in turn, will do more harm than good for your social plan.
It can happen to anyone though, and you can fix it! Check out these 8 things to avoid in order to keep your audience happy and continuing to engage with you.
- Avoid poorly written or wordy content.
- Avoid poorly designed content.
- Avoid being too personal.
- Avoid old or “stale” content.
- Some customers want content personalized to them.
- Make sure content is optimized for mobile devices.
- Be sure to include images.
- Avoid promoting something that customers may have already purchased.
For more information on what to include or avoid in your social content, check out the full article!
Logos are such an important part of your advisor brand, so how do you make it trustworthy? In the below image, it discusses the 6 things that made a brand logo appear more trustworthy. Some of the questions in the survey were:
- Do Different Genders React Differently?
- Do Different Ages React Differently?
- Is There a Trust Bias?
This is only just the beginning, so for more information and findings along with another infographic, check out the article below!