Can you believe that it’s the last Five Little Things article of January? Time truly does fly, and we hope that you have had a great month and a strong start to the year. We’re continuing to provide ways for advisors to connect better digitally and virtually with leads and clients, and that includes boosting social media engagement, the top marketing opportunities, design trends in email marketing and much more.
Social media is an incredibly effective way to connect with more leads and drive engagement. While it can be used for fun, it’s proven to be an integral part of your overall marketing strategy, as well. Samantha Russell, chief evangelist for Twenty Over Ten and FMG Suite had the chance to share her thoughts on what she has noticed when it comes to what gains the most comments and engagement on social media. Seven methods for boosting engagement are:
- Share a personal story
- Comment on current events
- Create short-form video content
- Promote a value-offer
- Create thought-provoking scenarios
- Use appropriate spacing when writing your posts
- Post a useful infographic
It’s going to be so important to connect in new ways in 2021, and social media is a big part of that. Find out more about how to utilize each of these seven tips in the entire article.
Samantha Russell turned to the LinkedIn community to discuss the top seven marketing opportunities for advisors this year. As financial professionals are going to be working hard to connect with others during this increasingly visual world, she wanted to know which ones they would be embracing.
- Offer subscription-based services
- Use video
- Target Millennials
- Utilize retargeting ads
- Practice inclusivity in your marketing
- Keep an eye out for alternative investments
- Focus on hyper-personalization with automation
The video below has more information about each.
Financial advisors want to know how to connect with their clients online. Through all of the different marketing strategies, there is one that remains tried and true, and that’s marketing with authenticity.
Ways that financial advisors can do this are by:
- Defining the brand benefits and values
- Demonstrating expertise
- Authentically engaging their audience
This article can show you just how you can do this so that you can better connect with leads and clients.
4. Episode 280 – How This Advisor Gets 10,000 Listens Every Month by Podcasting About Life (Not Money!) – With Jimmy Williamsvia Top Advisor Marketing
While you want your podcasts to be informative, people like to be inspired or entertained when they listen. In this episode, Jimmy Williams, founder of Compass Capital Management and the host of Live a Life by Design podcast goes into detail about his proven strategies for attracting 10,000 unique listeners every month.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to use the art of storytelling to keep your podcast audience continuously listening
- Ways to highlight your unique approach to solving your clients’ problems in each of your episodes
- The strategy that puts 100% focus on his podcast once a week
- Why Jimmy has dedicated his podcast to talk about life
- And so much more!
5. 11 Email Design Trends to Improve Your Email Marketing Strategy in 2021 [Infographic] via Social Media Today
We’re continuing to connect virtually, and email marketing is going to be so important in the coming year. With that being said, are you looking for ways to improve your email marketing strategy in 2021? This helpful infographic is full of the upcoming design trends to use in your email campaigns, such as:
- Bid on Bold Typography
- Embrace the Dawn of Dark Mode
- Upgrade your email designs with Gradients
- Let your emails emote with Emotional Design
- Bring freshness in emails with Neumorphism
- Test Textured illustrations for 2D Images
- Add a new dimension to your emails with 3-Dimensional Images
- Phase in Phantasmagoric Collage
- Give voice to your email with Muted Colors
- Try out the marvel of Monochrome Layout
- Spruce up your emails with Illustrated Animations
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.