How is it time for the final Five Little Things article for April? This month has flown by, but it’s been a very productive one! Before you kick off the month of May, check out of some of our favorite reads on social brand, SEO and networking.
1. How Can You Measure Your Social Brand Equity? via Social Media Today
What is brand equity? Well, it is the value of a brand’s perception amongst consumers. It’s a crucial aspect of to different one company’s products from another, so how is your company stacking up, and how do you measure it?
In this day and age, there is also social brand equity, which makes your platform even bigger. How do you go about measuring this? Ask yourself these 4 questions before you start:
- How powerful is your brand?
- How desirable is your brand?
- How engaging is your brand?
- How aligned is your brand?Once you ask these questions, you can start to measure. Check out the article for more details on how to best do this!
2. SEO guide to optimizing your LinkedIn profile for more connections, better leads via Search Engine Land
LinkedIn can be seen as a “stuffy” platform that basically houses your online resume. It is less know that LinkedIn is actually a very powerful search engine tool and can drive a lot of traffic to your website.
With this platform, you can connect with some very important people in the industry with content posting and engagement. What are some tips for doing this?
- Spruce up your profile aesthetic.
- Write a compelling profile copy.
- Implement LinkedIn SEO.
- Create a profile “funnel.”
- Build SMART connections.
- Gather recommendations, skills and endorsements.
- Post the right kind of content consistently.
- Engage with your connections.
- Understand your analytics.
If you follow these tips, then it will really help to “up” your LinkedIn game! Read the article below for more tips.
3. Words to avoid in your investment communications with regular folks via Susan B. Weiner Investment Writing
If you are a financial advisor, it can be easy to get caught up using financial “jargon” when you are communicating with others. Unless you are strictly speaking with financial professionals, it’s best to speak simply and use words that people who don’t work in finance will easily understand.
You may be tempted to use the “jargon” that you are used to, and think that it will make someone more likely to work with you because you “know your stuff,” but in reality, words like that make it harder for the client to digest.
To find out more when you should use certain words, check out the article below!
4. How Do I Improve My Domain Authority (DA)? via Moz
Domain Authority is something that you obviously want to succeed and improve upon since it shows how relevant your company is in a specific subject area or industry. If you have strong DA, then your SEO will be higher, so it’s something that you should always be looking to improve upon as a business.
What are some ways that you can improve on your Domain Authority?
- Get more high-quality links
- Lessen the number of spammy links you get
- Get more “traffic-driving” links
Those are just 3 simple tips when it comes to using stronger links, so click the image below for more detailed information!
Just like any other professional, financial advisors have extremely full days ahead of them when they go to work each morning. If you let yourself get distracted, and don’t start every day with purpose, you can easily lose track and let your day get away from you! How do you go about starting your day strong, so that you can accomplish all of your tasks each day? Paul Kingsman has 3 tips for you in today’s podcast.
- Determine what you will watch, listen to, or read as part of your morning routine to get you focused for a successful day.
- Commit to your daily routine.
- When you get distracted through the day, return to your morning mindset.
For more tips on how to be productive and kickstart your day, check out the podcast below!
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).