For today’s Advisor Website Showcase, we caught up with founding member and Managing Partner of Tempus Wealth Planning, James White, to discuss the design and features of the Tempus Wealth Planning site. Read on to discover how the history and features of the website blend to create an effective marketing strategy.
Dramatic imagery sets the backdrop for a clear navigation system and direct copy. The result is a site that blends copy and design to emphasize its brand – saving time for clients.
Below is our Q&A with James white, covering the design process, features and marketing of the Tepus Wealth Planning site. Read on to learn more, and discover inspiration for your own website.
Tempus Wealth Planning Q&A
1. Can you tell us a bit more about your services and the history of your firm?
We started Tempus Wealth Planning in 2016 realizing our goal of becoming an independent, fee-only RIA. Tempus is Latin for time and we aim to free our clients to use their time on what matters most to them. We understand that our clients lead busy lives and don’t necessarily want to spend their valuable time managing each aspect of their financial lives.
By providing comprehensive financial planning and investment management services, we help our clients organize the disparate aspects of their finances, consolidating and simplifying them so they can more easily understand the complete picture. The result is more time and confidence to enjoy their money in ways that are meaningful to them.
2. Each of our website frameworks offers users a different experience. The Tempus Wealth Planning site uses our Fresnel Framework to create a strong and unforgettable first impression. What went into the process of deciding which framework to use?
The full-width visuals were appealing to us – it really does impart a great first impression. The navigation is straightforward and allowed us to incorporate the elements most important to us.
3. Your site recently launched but already has an active blog. Could you share some of your current plans for your blogging and content strategy?
Our blog has allowed us to develop our unique voice. It offers us the opportunity to speak to current and prospective clients about timely topics as well as timeless planning and investment concepts.
4. The design structure of the Tempus Wealth Planning site emphasizes organization and detail, providing visitors with the necessary information to understand the firm’s service and next steps to learn more. This allows visitors to quickly self-qualify, improving the quality of a contact and saving time. Do you feel these elements help differentiate your firm from competitors?
We agree that visitors can quickly begin to self-qualify and determine if they are in sync with our messaging of saving time, putting it to its optimal use, and so forth. We recognize we won’t be the ideal fit for everyone so these elements are indeed an important differentiator in identifying a good fit.
5. Social media is integral to the growth of your online presence and overall marketing strategy. We noticed you’re active on both Facebook and LinkedIn. Could you share a little bit about your approach to social media?
While there is potential value on all social media platforms, we’re enjoying the process of establishing a meaningful presence on LinkedIn and Facebook so people can connect to content that resonates with them and their needs.
6. If you could give other advisors looking to redesign their website just one piece of advice, what would it be?
Be clear on what you are trying to accomplish. We all know a professional website is a must in this day and age but clarifying your most important objectives will help the process flow more smoothly.
7. Was there any part of the website design process that you were not looking forward to or thought might be difficult that turned out to be better than you initially thought?
The revision process went much more smoothly than anticipated. The MarkUp tool was especially helpful to communicate targeted feedback and get updates completed very efficiently.
8. How would you summarize your experience working with Twenty Over Ten?
Twenty Over Ten laid out a very straightforward process and each step went according to plan. While it required effort from both sides, the process never got “bogged down” as tends to happen with projects of this scope. They led the way throughout and their experience was evident in executing the design through to completion.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month-to-month plans).
About The Author
Stuart is a Content Marketing Specialist at Twenty Over Ten and enjoys creating content that both entertains and educates. A Game Designer at heart, he can be found pursuing one of his many hobbies during his free time.