1. First, how did you decide to start Eudaimonia Wealth, and what was your biggest inspiration or motivator?
I’ve spent the majority of my career working with a large wealth management firm. Over time, I recognized that my vision for helping others had outgrown my environment. My loyalty is to the families I serve, not the company I work for, and I knew I could make a more significant impact by doing so as a fiduciary in the fee-only world.
As a result, I started Eudaimonia Wealth to help more people live better lives by making confident decisions when it comes to their money. Starting your own business is every bit of the emotional rollercoaster it’s said to be, but it’s been without question one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
2. What is a “typical day” like at Eudaimonia Wealth?
It’s been quite the start to the decade, and an interesting time to begin a new business venture. I’m grateful for my health and ability to work, and start the day by reminding myself of that. In a given week, I’ll block off certain days for focus work, planning, and client meetings. I try and pay attention to my natural energy levels and build my daily planner around when I’m most productive.
3. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received either about marketing or running a business in general?
Understanding the concept that “perfect” is the enemy of good. When you start your own business, there’s a natural tendency to stress over every detail and try to make sure everything is just right. Embrace the process and recognize that real growth as a business owner comes from putting yourself out there and learning from that experience as you move forward.
4. We see you’re using our one-click integration with Calendly, that’s great! Our recent survey found that advisors who get 6-10 or 11+ clients per year had a calendar link right on their website. What successes have you experienced since incorporating a meeting scheduling software on your website?
Meeting scheduling software has been a total game-changer for my business. It’s allowed me to be much more intentional with my time and how I spend my energy, in addition to providing a much smoother client experience. Looking back, I don’t know how I ran my business without it!
5. Any business owner knows how important it is to have a presence on social media, and we love that you’re active on the big three – Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Tell us more about your social media strategy and the benefits you’ve seen being on these platforms.
Social media has provided me the opportunity to show some personality with the business. In a world where we are more connected than ever before, it can seem like a daunting task to stand apart from the noise. I’ve found that if you simply try to be a useful resource and take a genuine interest in others, it can lead to some wonderful connections on both a personal and professional level.
6. We love working with advisors to help them create the website of their dreams! What was your favorite part of the website design process?
I honestly enjoyed the entire experience. The design team I partnered with did an incredible job of helping me articulate the change I help create through my work and who it is that can benefit most from it. It was fun to share my values and what I stand for and then see those qualities reflected in the website. You learn a lot about yourself through the process, and I’m grateful for Twenty Over Ten’s role in providing me the clarity about what it is I want to build as a business owner.
I’ve had a wonderful experience with Twenty Over Ten!
You learn a lot about yourself through the process, and I’m grateful for Twenty Over Ten’s role in providing me the clarity about what it is I want to build as a business owner.
-Brett Koeppel, CFP®, Eudaimonia Wealth
7. We love hearing success stories from our clients, where they have a moment when they realize all of their hard work has paid off. Do you have a story like this that you would like to briefly share? It can be about client success or something that you have achieved yourself!
Being able to sit across from someone and feel that you’re making a meaningful impact in their lives is what gives me energy and a sense of fulfillment. After spending a considerable amount of time with the website design process, it’s been incredibly rewarding to have the opportunity to work with more of the exact type of families that I know I can make the biggest difference for.
8. Where do you see the financial industry headed in the next 5-10 years?
I think our profession is going through a significant evolution regarding our role and the real value we provide in client’s lives. Advancements in technology and the availability of information will continue to commoditize the investment management side of things.
As a result, the value that a real financial planner provides will come from their ability to provide meaningful advice specific to each family. Our jobs will be all about genuinely understanding clients as people, and helping them live rich and fulfilling lives by aligning their money and what’s most important to them.
9. What is your best piece of advice that you would share with other financial advisors who are looking to redesign their website?
Don’t hold anything back when it comes to the design process. One of the best things about starting your own business is your ability to share your authentic self. Life is too short, and there are far too many good people that need your help to be anything other than exactly you. By genuinely expressing your story, and what you stand for, your message will naturally resonate with the people you want to attract, and maybe even turn off the ones who aren’t the right fit. Both are great outcomes.