In this webinar, Chief Evangelist of Twenty Over Ten & FMG Suite Samantha Russell and Chief Experience and Marketing Officer for FMG Suite, Susan Theder discussed the biggest marketing opportunities for advisors as they head into 2022 based on the top trends in wealth management.
A Look Back: Top Marketing Opportunities in 2021 [7:18]
Last year in 2021, we shared the 7 marketing opportunities that we were predicting for the year, and so we’re ready to dive into what to expect for the year to come.
Top Marketing Opportunities in 2022 [13:43]
Which one of these might be a good fit for your personal business based on your own goals and objectives and what tools you have? Think about how you can implement these things at your own firm.
1. Have a Spokesperson [14:33]
We are all competing in an expertise economy, and the relationship is what is comes down to. So, it’s important to show your expertise, so having a spokesperson for your firm is so important.
Visibility comes from thought leadership
Get them on camera
People connect with people, not brands
- Modern-day networking happens ONLINE
- Twitter = speaking opportunities/quotes in publications
- LinkedIn = find talent/network with peers
- Facebook = local community
- Youtube = get found
So, below are some examples of what it looks like on social media when brands have a spokesperson for their business. It helps the consumer to feel as though they are forming a relationship with a person rather than a brand. And even if you aren’t using a video, people will remember somebody’s face better. So, include human faces as much as you can even if you are not yet comfortable with using video.
2. Great Wealth Transfer [21:53]
This is so important to think about, especially since $68 trillion is expected to be passed between generations in the next 25 years.
The Great Wealth Transfer is Already Happening
- 21% of $25MM+ folks attributed some of their wealth to Inheritance.
- 22% of $5M -$25MM attributed some of their wealth to Inheritance
- 66% of the $25 Million+ group cited Inheritance as important to their wealth creation
20% of those w/ $25 Million+ want their advisor to establish relationships with their children when they are as young as 18. Forming a connection is so important, so get to know them. Learn about the families and really show that you care.
- Offer free planning to clients’ kids through age 26
- Create College Grad Package (1-year subscription or multiple appointments over a set period of time)
- Establishing relationships early is key
Subscription-based models are a great way to help people who want to manage their own money but that have questions about certain financial aspects.
How Did Your Clients Select You To Be Their Financial Advisor? [30:25]
When it comes to choosing an advisor, only 4% of Millennials choose “comes with a strong recommendation from trusted family/friends” as their top criteria.
3. Alternative Communication Channels [32:57]
YouTube is the biggest opportunity for advisors in 2022 [33:52]
According to Pew Research, 81% of Americans use Youtube, which is more than any other network.
And when you are looking for the types of videos to do, there are so many different ways to reach your audience, such as:
Ads: Cost per view 1 – 3 cents on avg. So, you can start with just $10 a day and go from there.
Instagram is a great way to reach women and Millennials [35:06]
With this, some key points to remember are:
- Posts don’t matter as much. Focus on Stories & Reels.
- Need Daily Video + Visual Content
- Use Canva to help
4. Be A One-Stop-Shop [39:50]
- 92% expect tax planning advice, but only 25% report actually getting it.
- 96% expect wealth transfer advice, but only 24% get it
- People want just one provider and point of contact for everything
- There is so much marketing opportunity for advisory firms who offer Integrated Services in-house and that especially goes for taxes.
It’s so important to be proactive and demonstrate timely opportunities for your clients.
So, how can you demonstrate this in your marketing?
Pictures are worth a thousand words, so the quicker you can make this a quick visual thing, the better. It’s important to use strong visuals in your marketing and also implement the keywords in there when you can. As you can see, you can learn exactly what you need to do in mere seconds by looking at the image on the right versus reading all the content on the left.
5. Incorporate Social Proof-Google Reviews [46:36]
Testimonials & Google reviews are game-changers. With the new SEC Ad Rule, you can implement these reviews and testimonials in your marketing, which will really catapult what you can do in 2022. (Make sure you check with your compliance team first.) If you don’t get the green light, however, don’t comment, like or engage in any way as this will look like you are trying to dissuade the reviewer.
As long as your business has a review on Google Maps, anyone can leave you a review now.
New SEC Rule on Reviews and Testimonials
- Check with compliance FIRST
- NEVER respond or “like” reviews until you are clear that you are allowed to engage in this way with home office
- Google and Yelp are the most popular
- Once approved, can use on your website, social, email marketing, etc.
Google Verified [49:16]
So, why is this a game-changer?
- There is immense social proof from Google, which builds trust in your brand among prospects
- You rank higher in local search results
- You get the ✅ green checkmark next to your listing
Claim Your Google My Business Listing [51:16]
- Claim your GMB listing and complete it fully
- Run a Google Review email campaign
- Include a link in your email signature & a CTA on your website
- Dedicated page with testimonials on your website + link out to Google Reviews
Connect with Samantha and Susan on LinkedIn:
Samantha Russell: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samanthacrussell/
Susan Theder: https://www.linkedin.com/in/susantheder/
Ready to Boost Your Marketing?
Take advantage of stunning and responsive websites and an extensive library of award-winning content to help you grow your business and deepen client relationships with the strategic alliance of FMG Suite and SEI.
About the author
Blair is a Social Media Strategist at FMG Suite and Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.