It was already important to have a strong presence on social media, but in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s become crucial that you make your mark digitally. According to Social Media Today, people are spending 20% more time on apps since the pandemic. It’s so important that you are putting out informative information, but as an already busy financial advisor, it can be difficult to create and put all your posts out there in a timely fashion. That’s where social media scheduling tools come in. We’ve got four tools to make your task easier.
The Benefits of Using Scheduling Tools as a Financial Advisor Are:
- The ability to pre-load and schedule your social media posts in advance.
- Archiving your social media posts for compliance.
- The use of streams and tabs to monitor what others are saying about you, your business, and your industry.
- Using social listening to monitor what influencers and others are saying and answer questions that may lead to site visitors.
Ready to get started? Here are some great tools to begin scheduling and managing your social media strategy:
1. Lead Pilot
We recently launched Lead Pilot, the first inbound marketing solution for financial advisors built to drive qualified prospects through hyper-personalized content marketing. It gives financial advisors an all-in-one, intuitive platform to increase the number of leads and simplify the entire inbound marketing process.
With Lead Pilot, you can:
- Utilized a multi-touchpoint content campaign from a streamlined, easy-to-use dashboard
- Collaborate and share content pieces, upload original content, and customize content from a large media library
- Choose from and schedule video, editorial and infographic content.
All of this content can be scheduled out through social media channels, users just need to pick which content they want to be sent out with a date and a time. What’s even better is that all of this is automatically archived to meet industry compliance standards.
1 in 3 investors have looked at advisors’ personal Facebook pages — and more than half of them decided not to work with an advisor as a result.
The above marketing fact speaks volumes, as it shows just how important social media is from a business standpoint. It’s no longer just for sharing photos of your friends and family, but rather it needs to be updated with useful articles, strong images and a strong sense of engagement.
So, how do you schedule posts in Lead Pilot? It’s easy, just follow the steps below!
To share content and to customize your content preview, please start by watching this video or by following the instructions below:
1. Once you’ve finished creating your post or have selected something from our “Explore Content Library” to customize, click the “Share” button at the top of the “Edit Draft” or “Preview Content” side window:
A “Share Settings” side window will take its place:
2. Toggle a network on (green) to add as a share destination. Toggle off (grey) to remove as a share destination:
In this above example, the content will be shared everywhere BUT LinkedIn.
3. If prompted, re-enter your social network login. Otherwise, continue to step 4.
4. By default, your content will be ready to “Post Now.” If you’re ready to share, simply click the “Post” button to share your content immediately:
5. You can share content at a later time by selecting “Schedule for Later”:
6. If you select “Schedule for Later,” a calendar will open where you can click and enter the date and time you want to share your content:
Hootsuite makes finding, scheduling, managing, and reporting on social media content easier
With Hootsuite, you can:
- Link Existing or New Social Media Accounts
- Compose posts and choose with platforms to use
- Add Links and Photos
- Schedule dates and times for posts to go live
Hootsuite also has a feature that allows a post to go live in combination with the optimum reach points and pre-scheduled posts during the selected day. To access this feature, slide the AutoSchedule button from off to on. It will prompt a user to select a day in which the post will be sent. Hootsuite will take care of the rest. A user can also sign up for email alerts when the post has been successfully uploaded.
Smarsh was created to help the financial advisors archive, store, and monitor its data in order to comply with the tight regulations. It has expanded its solution using the same technology to meet the needs of clients across a wide range of industries.
This useful tool has:
- Intuitive tools to help identify relevant information
- On-demand access with “search ready” data
- Multiple formats and options to produce, package and deliver specific data
- Comprehensive and customizable reporting
Hearsay makes it easy for advisors to nurture clients with personalized content, then connect one-on-one at moments that matter. It uses a simple, mobile-first approach and turns social media into an effective sales tool.
With Hearsay, users have the ability to:
- Automate publishing with social media campaigns
- An Action List tool helps advisors keep track of “to-do” tasks
- Create and send out emails with email marketing tools
We hope you find this information helpful as you continue to leverage social media marketing to get your message to your audience. At Twenty Over Ten, we are dedicated to helping financial advisors market themselves effectively online, whether that means through a well-designed, beautiful website, a clearly crafted social media strategy, or the development of a strong brand identity and logo. As we continue to navigate through this difficult time, it’s more important than ever to show that you are a trustworthy source that puts out reliable content for an audience to take in. Using a social scheduling app makes this so much easier so that you can juggle your already busy schedule.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.