The next set of tech tools we’ll be exploring in Twenty Over Ten’s best tech tools to start and run your financial planning business blog series is centered around file sharing. Sharing files through back and forth emails can be a hassle plus it can be problematic in that it’s easy way to lose track of the most recent updates. Implementing a file-sharing tool such as Dropbox, Sharefile, and NetDocuments can take the stress and confusion away.
FILE SHARING, DOCUMENT STORAGE & MANAGEMENT
Security is of the utmost importance when it comes to file sharing. As a financial advisor, you deal with many sensitive pieces of information for your clients and within your own business. Choosing the right file sharing and document storage platforms can make your everyday workflow much more efficient. That’s why we’ve outlined what we believe to be the three best file sharing applications for financial advisors.
Dropbox is a cloud-based tech company that provides a secure platform to create and/or share data. With its flexible storage plans and third-party app integrations, it’s an excellent tool for financial advisors to collaborate with their teams and clients.
- Usable on desktop apps, mobile apps, or online at dropbox.com
- Easy and secure sharing or viewing of documents, photos, and videos
- Editing access allows your team to edit, comment on, and view files
- Anytime, anywhere access
- File recovery and version history of documents
What to Know:
- Price: For an individual user, $8:25 per month for 1 TB of data. For teams, Standard package $12.50 per month for 2 TB of data or Advanced package $20 per month for unlimited data.
- Unable to share a subfolder within a parent folder
- No automatic syncing
- Can’t rename folders after sharing
Sharefile allows teams to simply and securely collaborate online all in one place. The platform makes file sharing, E-signatures, feedback, and approvals a more cohesive process. Financial advisors can use Sharefile to work with their team in real-time from anywhere.
- Bank-level encryption
- Control individual files and folders
- Remote wipe of lost devices
- No downloads or plugins required
- Zero size restrictions on files
- Easy to integrate with your Twenty Over Ten website.
- Compatible with all iOS, Android, Windows or Blackberry devices
What to Know:
- Price: Team package $12 per month per user for 1 TB of data or Business package $20 per month per user for unlimited data
NetDocumets has over twenty years of experience securing intellectual assets, ensuring the availability of information, and protecting it from disaster. NetDocuments uses technology to help streamline and improve efficiency amongst team members. Originally designed with law firms in mind, financial advisors can leverage the platform’s security measures to protect all of their clients information.
- Cloud-based document management
- Integration with Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
- Follow folders and receive alerts
- Customize user access to grant or restrict editing rights to files
- Easily search through entire repository with full-text enterprise search
What to Know:
- Price: Basic package $20 per user per month or Professional package $30 per user per month
Stay tuned for next week’s article on meeting scheduling!
Searching for more ways to enhance your new financial planning business? Learn more about Branding Your Financial Planning Firm, Creating The Total Client Experience with Client Portals, and What You Need to Know About Compliance.