Are you finally feeling back into the “swing of things?” We know it can take a while to get adjusted to the new year, but it’s also an exciting time to continue with your work resolutions and plan out the year ahead! Let us help you out with our top reads of the week on marketing, media trends and planning for the new year.
You probably spent a lot of 2018 thinking about what you were going to be doing from a marketing perspective for the upcoming year. It’s always great to get a jumpstart on your plan, but with everything that you have going on at your business, it’s very possible that you have not completed your plans yet, and that is totally okay!
It goes to show that marketing is a year-round plan 🗓 and something that you have to continually work on in order to better your business. It is not something that simply happens overnight but rather changes as the needs of your advisor firm change.
“Google My Business” has long been a top-ranking factor in terms of search engines, but there are a few things that you might not know about and need to keep in mind!
- Google constantly changes the name of categories.
- Google constantly removes categories and adds new ones.
- New categories can give you a boost ⬆️ in ranking.
- Categories have different names in different countries.
- The categories you see in Google may appear differently in the Google My Business dashboard.
- According to testing, “category dilution” is not true.
- The primary category holds more ranking power.
It’s important to always keep up with the hottest trends in media when it comes to establishing your advisory firm. Things are constantly changing, and it’s no secret that in order to stay ahead of the curve, you need to ensure your company is changing, as well. From video 📹 to advertising, we have 5️⃣ trends that are going to change media in 2019.
- E-commerce ads are set to skyrocket.
- Advertising-funded video-on-demand (AVoD) is quickly gaining potential.
- Ad spending will from Facebook over to Instagram.
- Podcast advertisements are becoming more personal.
- News brands will have declining ad opportunities.
Having a social media plan for your advisor firm is no longer just an option but rather a necessity. If you haven’t already started one, then don’t worry! We have a step-by-step checklist to help you get started.
The below guide breaks down daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly notes in order to be the most efficient. Read on!
Many of you have probably set a New Year’s Resolution✨ for this year in your personal life, and it’s just as important to do one as an entrepreneur. It’s easy to get ahead of yourself and think of 50 different things that you want to accomplish with your business, but we know that can get overwhelming and eventually lead to “burn-out.” Instead, start by setting one intention that you want to encompass everything in your business. Start there and see where you go! Read on for more details below!
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).