We’re kicking off the month of May with our first Five Little Things article. These were some of our “must shares” on everything from using social media platforms and how advisors can attract younger generations, such as Gen Z and Millennials, using podcasts and video in your marketing and so much more.
For financial advisors, it can be difficult to try and keep up with all of the up-and-coming social platforms. It seems every time a platform or strategy gains traction, a new one emerges. So, how can advisors keep up?
Instead of focusing on where users have spent their time in the past, Samantha Russell, Chief Evangelist of Twenty Over Ten and FMG Suite tell advisors to look ahead towards the future. As far as social platforms go, more Gen Z and Millennials are using TikTok, Discord, Reddit, and Clubhouse.
By 2030, Generations X and Y households will control 47% of the wealth in the U.S. versus 45% of baby boomers. So, how do you attract Gen Xers and the younger generations to your advisory firm? And according to a new study by T. Rowe Price, a significant share of the $24 trillion expected to be passed down in the next decade.
So, when it comes to earning the business of the younger generation, here are 7 things to keep in mind.
- 1. Next-wave investors don’t believe they are doing that well or that advisors want their business
- 2. Next-wave clients need someone to help get their finances in order
- 3. These clients will want a financial coach
- 4. Don’t use financial jargon
- 5. R-evaluate how you charge for advice
- 6. Ensure that your firm is first in internet ranking searches
- 7. Practice diversity in how you handle clients and your and hiring practices
Check out the full article for more information on each point!
When you are looking to expand your online presence, it’s important that you are figuring a long-term strategy that will work for you your business. And two ways to connect are either through video or podcast, so which one should you use at your firm?
So, before you begin, it’s important that you think about your long-term strategy. When it comes to creating a podcast, some things to consider are:
- How will the show be marketed?
- Where will it be published?
- Which social platform will you use to promote it?
When creating a video, one of the biggest factors to consider is the cost. Additionally, you need to make sure the video topics are compelling and attention-grabbing. Determine your goals before you get started and ask yourself:
- What does your audience need from you?
- What type of information will be the most valuable for them?
For more insight on how these two strategies can help your firm’s online presence, check out the full article.
4. via iMPACT
In this digital age, it’s no longer enough to simply create content that answers questions, but you need to truly stand out. Many of your competitors probably have the same content marketing tactics, so it’s incredibly important that you are doing what it takes to really shine. So, how do you make it so your content is not only correct and educational but also is so engaging and memorable so that your buyers will come to you to get your services and products? Give the podcast a listen to find out!
- What your setup should be
- How you should start building the video “muscle”
- What you can do to use video in your everyday roles
For all the details, give the podcast a listen.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month-to-month plans).
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.