We hope that everyone had a great weekend. But it’s time to buckle down and start your week off on a high note with a Five Little Things article. We’ve got content creation tips, what the SEC Ad Rule means for your marketing, why you should start a podcast and more.
Content Creator, Trey DeVore discusses Content Creation vs. Distribution and how it’s not always about creating more content, but how you use that content that matters. To find out more about this topic, tune into the podcast.
As of May 4, 2021, the SEC ad rule change allows RIAs to use client testimonials, so what does this mean for advisors? And if you’re looking to take it up a notch, then videos are a great way to do this. To start, how do you create convincing videos? Well, you start by asking clients that are happy with your services if they would like to record a video. Once the video is recorded, you should:
- Put it on your website which can boost SEO
- Launch it onto all the social platforms you use for business and remember to always direct upload the file.
- Put the video in an email campaign to existing clients, COIs and leads.
For more tips, check out the full video.
According to GlobalWebIndex, there are over three billion active social media users averaging over two hours a day on the platforms. So, if you aren’t already on social now is it the time! And if you are, then here are 8 tips that you can use to boost your social media marketing game.
- Optimize Your Institution’s Facebook Posts for ADA Compliance
- Create an Instagram presence that is ADA-conforming
- Provide accessibility options for your Twitter account
- Optimize YouTube posts for ADA Compliance
- Understand LinkedIn accessibility features
- Optimize your business profile
- Use URL shorteners
- Make your hashtags more readable
For additional information for each tip, check out the full article from The Financial Brand!
4. Episode 297 – How To Please Compliance While Fulfilling Your Marketing Dreams –– With Max Schatzow via ProudMouth
Content marketing is a crucial part of your strategy, but how do you meet compliance standards? In this episode, Max Schatzow, attorney at Stark & Stark, discusses how you can reach your marketing potential while still remaining fully compliant.
Tune in to learn:
- How to create an infrastructure that allows you to pursue podcasting without the stress of compliance
- What the new SEC ruling entails and what it means for your marketing
- Why advisors need to be extra careful when selecting share classes for mutual funds
- Reasons to reconsider using performance advertising in your marketing strategy
- How Max helps advisors manage risks to meet compliance standards
- And more!
If you want to get closer to your clients, then one way to do this is by starting a podcast. When advisors create a podcast, they are able to connect with clients, prospects and even those outside their circle. Unsure if you should launch a podcast? Here are 3 reasons why you should consider it.
- You can build more and better relationships
- You can create a lot of content and value with little time investment
- It gives you instant credibility
Check out the full article for details on each point.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month-to-month plans).
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.