It’s the first day of March and the first Five Little Things article of the month, as well. We are excited to kick off the month that not only will be bringing us the first day of spring but also Saint Patrick’s Day. There’s a lot to celebrate this month, and we thought we would lighten your workload with some useful articles on everything from how social media impacts your SEO rankings to connecting with prospects and more. So, settle in with a cup of joe and check out our top reads for the week.
Social media is such an important part of your overall marketing strategy, and while it doesn’t directly impact your SEO rankings, it does indirectly impact them, making for a big difference when trying to boost your lead generation. Samantha Russell dives into 8 of the biggest things that will be positively affected by social media.
- Driving traffic to your website
- Improving your content’s reach
- Boost your profile ranks in search engine results
- Posting on social helps to index the content faster
- Social media will affect your local SEO
- Social media platforms can serve as search engines
- Social interaction data can help to improve your SEO content
- Social media can help you to identify your audience
For a deep dive into each, take a look at the entire article and start boosting your website’s online presence.
If you want your advisory firm to stand out from the competition, then it’s important that you are acting differently and doing things to make you stand out. Based on a survey, 25% of advisors saying being able to effectively communicate their value is important while 73% say it’s critical. Additionally, 98% say that they need to get clear on what they provide to clients. In order to start doing this, stop thinking like a financial advisor and start thinking like a customer. How can you do this? This article provides insight.
A marketing calendar is a great way to get organized and streamline your firm’s marketing efforts and a successful one focuses on the bigger picture. So, in order to make this easier, follow the nine simple steps below.
- Write down your biggest goals
- Build your calendar around your firm’s purpose
- Include variety
- Spread out your events
- Provide opportunities for feedback
- Focus on your niche markets
- Identify trends to maintain your success
- Share your schedule in order to improve accountability
- Give yourself an adequate budget
To find out more about each point, check out the entire article and start streamlining your marketing efforts today!
4. 4 Things I’ve Learned From Sending 3.2 Million Financial Advisor Emails… (Plus How To Use LinkedIn To Build Your Email List) via The Advisor Coach
If you are a financial advisor looking to improve on your email marketing, then this is a must-read article. Some trends that have been shown to make your emails more effective are:
- Avoid stock marketing commentary emails
- Entertain your audience in your emails
- Pick a specific niche market
- Keep it simple
For more details on each aspect, check out the full article from James Pollard.
Local SEO is such an important part of your online presence, so it’s important that you are consistently looking for ways to increase your visibility in your local area. Pay attention to these top 22 local rankings factors when it comes to local SEO and check out the infographic below for more detail into how to optimize each.
- Google My Business
- Google My Business Categories
- Photos on Google My Business Page
- Bing Places for Business
- Online Directories/Citations
- Listings on Review Sites
- Number of Positive Reviews
- Reviews with Keywords & Location
- Create a Facebook Business Page
- Social Listings
- Consistent NAP
- Mobile Responsiveness
- Structured Data Markup
- Click-Through Rates from Search Results
- Localized Content
- On-page Location + Keyword Optimization
- Title + Meta Description
- High-Quality Inbound Links
- Diversity of Inbound Links
- Inbound Links from Local Relevant Sites
- Inbound Using Local + Keyword in Anchor Text
- Proximity to the Searcher
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.